Awards & Recognition Committee
Conduct an awards program that recognizes excellence in the credit union industry, provides visibility for the Council and is financially successful.
- Oversee Council’s Award Program
- Review criteria for awards and judging process on an annual basis and make recommendations for changes as needed.
- Consider advancements, modifications to improve awards judging or presentation process
- Input on promotional efforts and nominee solicitation
- Recruitment of judges
- Judging entries and determining winners
Awards Committee work may be divided into task groups / subcommittees focusing on specific awards or tasks. Awards offered vary by Council and may include the following:
- Excellence Awards
- Professional of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement
- Volunteer of the Year
- Rising Star
- Diamond Awards (Marketing & Business Development)
- Update or affirm categories, criteria, and judging process
- Provide recommendations to Executive Committees
- Create timeline for promotion/ rollout and judging
- Enlist and approve judges, participate in judging (Diamond Awards)
- Review entries and determine winners (All but Diamond awards)
- Assist with Awards Presentation (All but Diamond Awards)
- Notify winners
Varies depending on established goals. Quarterly conference calls (60 minutes each) plus 1- 2 additional hours per month throughout the year, more if an individual is involved in monitoring or presenting.
Last updated: 2/7/18