The Conference Committee is responsible for the development, implementation and presentation of the Council’s annual 3 ½‐day program. The committee determines the agenda, speakers, roundtable topics, breakout sessions and other activities related to the conference.
- Help identify the conference focus and flow, sessions and speakers
- Identify topics for the agenda that are timely and relevant to Council members
- Help identify speakers and subject matter experts that can cover desired topics
- Review videos of potential general session/keynote speakers and provide input on final selections.
- Participate in the outreach to potential speakers. Once identified and confirmed, committee member responsible for speaker will work to have the confirmation form completed.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on potential networking, social activities and other value-added benefits for attendees
- Promoting the conference to members and other potential attendees
- Assisting speakers in clarifying session content and direction
- Introduce speakers during the conference
Conference Committee work may be divided into subcommittees or task groups focusing on specific aspects of the conference.
12-20 conference calls (60 minutes each). Commitment starts about 8 weeks after the current conference wraps. Much of the work takes place 10 - 5 months prior to the conference date.
Create an event that is well attended, achieves high ratings from attendees for content and networking, and meets or exceeds budgeted financial targets.