The CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council is pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying candidates interested in attending the CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council Conference, April 14-17, 2019 in Anaheim. The application and collateral materials must be submitted no later than March 8, 2019.
Scholarships will be awarded up to a maximum of $2,500 and can be used for combined expenses (including travel) relating to the conference. Scholarships will be approved prior to attendance at the conference, but reimbursed after proof of attendance is provided. It is a requirement that the recipients stay at the hotel in which the conference takes place.
To be eligible for a CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council scholarship, interested individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Credit union must be affiliated with CUNA.
- One CUNA scholarship per person per calendar year across all CUNA Councils.
- Maximum scholarship per calendar year cannot exceed $2,500 per credit union.
- Credit union must demonstrate a financial need (as determined by selection committee).
- Applicant must be a current member of the CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council (click here for member eligibility information)
- Requests must be for the CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council Conference.
- Must be a full-time employee of your credit union.
- If awarded a scholarship, must be willing and able to take an active role in the HR & Organizational Development conference success. May be asked to assist with duties such as registration, assisting speakers, etc. at the conference. Must attend the conference in its entirety.
A scholarship committee will select the recipient(s) based on demonstrated need (as determined by selection committee) and commitment to the Human Resources profession. All committee decisions are final.
How to Enter
The application form must be completed and submitted online. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Application
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Application
LOGIN - to begin entry process
With your completed application form, submit the following:
- An executive summary (professional resume) detailing your work experience, education (including formal and specialized), extracurricular activities (e.g., committees, chapter, league, or community involvement), and awards (inside or outside the credit union industry).
- A 300 (maximum) -word narrative demonstrating your financial need and commitment to the Human Resource, Training or Organizational Development segment of the credit union industry. The essay must also express HR & Organizational Development role in achieving the vision for your credit union and how your continuing professional development will contribute toward achievement of this vision and fulfillment of your development goals.
- Professional references (at least two).
- A reference letter from the applicant’s CEO attesting to the need for financial aid and the qualifications of the applicant.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by March 15, 2019.
If you have questions about the entry process such as your login credentials, please contact CUNA Councils at 1-800-356-9655, ext. 4047 or firstname.lastname@example.org.