The CUNA Technology Council is pleased to offer the scholarships to qualifying candidates interested in attending the CUNA Technology Council Conference. This year's conference will be held September 30-October 3, 2020 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas,NV.
The scholarships will provide recipients with a complimentary registration to the CUNA Technology Council Conference plus up to $2,000 in travel and conference-related expenses. It is a requirement that the recipients stay at the hotel in which the conference takes place.
To be considered as a potential scholarship recipient, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current member of the CUNA Technology Council;
- Be affiliated with the credit union system;
- Be a full-time employee of the credit union who has primary responsibility for the credit union's IT department;
- Be willing and able to take an active role in the Council and the conference which will include serving on at least one Council committee, helping with conference registration, assisting a speaker, or assisting where needed during the Technology Council conference; and
- Be able to demonstrate a financial need.
The scholarship committee, led by Idrees Rafiq, Chair, Member Resources Committee and AVP-IT Consulting, Credit Union Resources, will select the winners based on financial need and commitment to the IT profession.
How to Enter
The application form must be completed and submitted online. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Application
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Application
LOGIN to submit application form and materials.
With your completed application form, submit the following:
- A 200 (maximum)-word narrative demonstrating your financial need and commitment to the IT profession. The essay must also express technology's role in achieving the vision for your credit union and how your continuing professional development will contribute toward the achievement of this vision and fulfillment of your credit union's IT goals.
- A resume detailing your work experience and education (including formal and specialized). Please include any extracurricular activities (e.g. committees, chapter, league, or community involvement), and awards (inside or outside the credit union industry) in which you are involved.
The application and collateral materials must be submitted no later than August 21, 2020.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by September 1, 2020.
If you have questions about the entry process such as your login credentials, please contact CUNA Councils at 1-800-356-9655, ext. 4047 or email@example.com.