TCPA - Robocalls, Texts & the new FCC Ruling
09.01.2015 - 09.01.2015 (lending)
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CST Online
New ruling just issued and now in effect! The Federal Communications Commission’s recent Declaratory Ruling and Order creates significant risks under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) for businesses that communicate with consumers by telephone. The Order took immediate effect upon its release on July 10, 2015. With a private right of action, no cap on class action liability, statutory damages of $500 per violation (up to $1,500 if willful), and each illegal call treated as a separate violation, credit unions have little time to waste in implementing new communication practices necessary to avoid TCPA liability.
This webinar will cover topics including:
- New TCPA interpretations on various critical issues
- The definition of auto-dialer
- Prior express written consent for telemarketing calls
- Reliance on prior express consent for autodialed calls to ported or reassigned phone numbers
- Revocation of prior express consent for autodialed calls
- New exemptions to prior express consent requirement
- Implications for companies that communicate with consumers by telephone
- Operational challenges created by the new interpretations
- An update on CUNA’s Advocacy efforts surrounding this issue
CUNA staff will share frequently asked questions and efforts CUNA has been making to clarify this ruling. Additionally, CUNA Mutual Group’s LOANLINER Compliance team will discuss document considerations.
Attend this session to enhance your understanding of the ruling and see what details your credit union needs to know to stay compliant with this recent Declaratory Ruling and Order.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is beneficial for collections officers, compliance staff, telemarketers, lenders and legal staff. Affiliation with CUNA/League is required for attendance.
More Information Register
Cross Council Event Schedule
|ROUNDTABLE||Free to Council Members|