Loan Reaffirmations in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy webinar
03.02.2016 - 03.02.2016 (lending)
11:00 AM-12:30 PM CST Online via Adobe Connect
Are you looking for insights on Reaffirmation procedures, forms and what’s allowed in Chapter 7 bankruptcy? Join us for an explanation of newly revised nationally required forms, how to successfully deal with loan Reaffirmations in Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases and the importance of compliance to ensure you protect your credit union’s assets and interest in these loans.
This webinar will discuss:
- The newly revised Reaffirmation forms now nationally required as of December 1, 2015
- The multiple deadlines for effective Reaffirmation filing and enforceability
- How to induce (or compel) members to reaffirm unsecured loans
- How to detect and address fraudulently incurred debts that are bankrupted
- When debtors can enjoy a “pay-&-stay” or a “ride-through” without losing their residence or vehicle in bankruptcy
- How to freeze, retain and offset deposit accounts against reaffirmed debts
- Prohibitions against account seizures for credit card debts only
- How to use Reaffirmations to modify real estate loans effectively and enforceably
This webinar includes a session handout and list of related resources.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is beneficial for credit union collections professionals and others interested in learning more about Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Affiliation with CUNA/League is required for attendance.
Cross Council Event Schedule
M & BD
|SCHOOL||$1,495 ($1,695 after April 1, 2015) $100 discount for Council Members||Register|
O & ME
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for Council members||Register|
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for Council Members|
|SCHOOL||$1,695 ($1,895 after April 22, 2015)||Register|
|WEBINAR||$219 ($169 for Council Members)||Register|