CECL Models: How They Work and What You Will Need
05.05.2016 - 05.05.2016 (cfo)
1 p.m. CST Online via Adobe Connect
Is your CU collecting the right data for CECL?
This session will discuss how to model your calculations for estimating an allowance under the new guidance.
We will discuss:
- What your options are for estimating the allowance
- The information you should be gathering now
- What data that you will need to calculate the new estimate
- The potential impact to your capital
- How the new estimate may impact your lending going forward
- Alternative data that may be useful if you have incomplete loss history for your portfolio or are considering a new line of business
Meet Your Speaker:
Steve Miller, President
Twenty Twenty Analytics
As a founding member of TwentyTwenty Analytics, Steve has been and continues to be, heavily involved in the development and customization of the models used by TwentyTwenty. Over the last several years, Steve has taught and presented to numerous financial institutions on understanding and managing loan portfolio risks, due diligence and current accounting topics.
Steve is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Accounting from the University of Montevallo in Alabama..
Cross Council Event Schedule