Thomson Reuters Checkpoint Training
01.31.2018 - 01.31.2018 (finance)
1 pm central time Online via Webex
You may now review the video archive of this session.
Included with your CFO Council membership is a subscription to Checkpoint by Thomson Reuters. Join us for an overview of the tools and resources with a Thomson Reuters trainer.
This session is eligible for 1 CPE Credit. Learn how to access and use:
The Checkpoint Core GAAP Library
The AICPA, FASB Codification and GAAP Reporter, provide concise analysis and examples for GAA Requirements and complete coverage of FASB and AICPA regulations.
WG&L's Accounting and Auditing Update Service
Analysis and interpretation of new FASB and AICPA pronouncements as they are issued, including consensus opinions of the Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF).
Payroll Compliance Pro on Checkpoint™
Combines clear and accurate editorial explanations and analysis with immediate access to the most up-to-date and comprehensive federal and multi-state payroll tax information charts available.
Save time and make workflow more efficient. Quickly format the most up-to-date federal and multi-state payroll tax comparison charts.
After the training participants will be able to:
- Know all major databases and best one to use for a search
- Use Checkpoint navigational elements for tax research.
- Use the four main search options (Keyword, Citation, Index, Table of Contents) to conduct research
- Use simple keyword search strings to produce general or specific search results
- View and navigate search results to access data.
- Use the Checkpoint Table of Contents to locate specific tax and accounting documents and related information.
- Access the most up-to-date tax and accounting news, alerts, journals and publications and have them delivered automatically to your inbox.
Valued at thousands of dollars*, all of these resources are available as part of your CUNA CFO Council membership. Join us to add them to your tool box!
Meet Your Trainer: Jane Field, Thomson Reuters
I graduated from the University of Kansas with a Bachelor’s of Science in Education. Since that time, I held many positions in the education field before moving to RIA in 1995 as a Field Service Representative. Several company name changes later, I am still here. I was able to witness the birth of Checkpoint and train customers as it has evolved into what it is today. I have met great people during my years with Thomson Reuters, and been lucky to work for some wonderful bosses. If I weren’t so old I would stick around for another 20 years.
* if your credit union purchased them on their own
Cross Council Event Schedule
M & BD
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for Council members|
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for Council members||Register|
HR & OD
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for Council Members|
HR & OD
|SCHOOL||$1,095 ($1,295 after August 9, 2016) CUNA Council members save 10%||Register|
|ESCHOOL||$1,595, Council members get 10% off||Register|
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for Council Members||Register|