Collections - Dealing with the Problem Member
10.21.2015 - 10.21.2015 (lending)
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CST Online
Whether you’ve been handling collections for one month or one decade, you quickly learn to identify the “problem member.” This member can present a variety of challenges to successful collections, meaning your response must be tailored specifically to them. With many members searching for answers on the internet to their debt problems, you’ve likely seen form letters asking for debt validation and a laundry list of demands that may or may not apply.
This webinar will break down some of these common letters and help you develop a system to respond efficiently, while preserving your credit union’s rights. You’ll also explore best practices for handling members who threaten bankruptcy, litigation or invoke supposed assistance of debt relief agencies.
During this session with well-versed attorney Christy Jones, you will develop the skills to:
- Respond to member requests for irrelevant information
- Deal with repeated credit report disputes
- Handle members post-divorce
- Manage members constantly threatening bankruptcy
- Work with members invoking debt relief agency assistance
- Understand Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Accurate Credit Transactions Act issues
Who Should Attend
This session is designed for collections staff, compliance officers and lending staff who are interested in learning how to best respond to various types of issues a problem member may present to the credit union. Affiliation with CUNA/League is required for attendance.
More Information Register