CUNA Fundamentals of Investment Management eSchool
05.08.2018 - 07.17.2018 (cfo)
05/08/2018 To 07/17/2018 Online
- Understand the investment portfolio management discipline as a five-step process, not simply a function of purchasing and selling investments
- Develop a fundamental knowledge of investment return and risk measures, including application and advantages/disadvantages of each, and the mechanics of the trade: trade date, settlement, safekeeping, etc.
- Learn the basics in the development of investment strategy, primary security types that are permissible for credit union investors, including risk/return characteristics of each, how to analyze and document, their role in the portfolio, and portfolio reporting, monitoring and rebalancing
- Explore the other side of the broker/dealer arrangement: what’s in it for them, how they operate, and how to deal with them
- Understand the role of the board of directors from a best practices perspective: their responsibilities and their limitations
This event is produced by the CUNA Center for Professional Development and endorsed by the CUNA CFO Council.
Who Should Attend
This eSchool is beneficial for CFOs, finance professionals, chief investment officers, investment analysts and accountants, controllers, auditors, risk managers, directors, ALCO members, volunteers and CEOs.
More Information Register
Cross Council Event Schedule
M & BD
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for Council members||Register|
O & ME
M & BD
HR & OD
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for CUNA members||Register|
|SCHOOL||$1,495 ($1,695 after Jan. 27, 2017) - Council members get 10% off||Register|