Social Media in the Trenches - Two Marketers Speak
05.14.2019 - 05.14.2019 (M & BD)
Noon to 1pm central time Online via Adobe Connect
Join two Marketing Council members as they discuss how they are using social media in their credit unions.
Madeline Anderson-Balmer, Marketing Manager for Massachusetts Institute Tech FCU will share her thoughts on how to sell the idea of social, get the most out of content, track results on social spend, and build a strategy if you’re just getting started.
- Did you know that only 16% of your followers actually ever see a given post? Increasing your follows and likes can increase the reach of your campaigns and can help you sell products! For real!
- Paying for content. Is it necessary? Is it a good idea?
- Original content. Should you use in-house resources to develop content? How can you measure your results?
- Where do you share content? Facebook? Instagram? Medium? Snapchat? Are there programs or apps that help with that and assist you in tracking for compliance purposes?
Ben Bauer, VP Of Awesomeness (Marketing) for Simplicity Credit Union will share his thoughts on where are now and where social is heading in 2020.
- Truly “Social” Engagement. People want this and we need to know it when we think about content. People want to see reality.
- Long Form Content: If it’s interesting, they will come.
- Building Trust with Social Media: if you’re not already doing it, it might be time to shift your focus on social to maximizing results to building trust (hint: the results will still come).
- A fading Facebook...or not?: If you’ve been a social marketer in the last few years, you’ve heard this one before. So what is the deal with Facebook?
- LinkedIn on the rise: More upgrades, younger users, it’s time to get real with LinkedIn
- IG is A-ok: lots of changes in the last year on Instagram, be ready for more.
Cross Council Event Schedule
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for Council members||Register|
M & BD
|CONFERENCE||See Conference Page for Rates||Register|
|ROUNDTABLE||Free for Council members|
O & ME
|SCHOOL||$1595, $1795 after 1/25/19. Council members get 10% off||Register|