Lending Council Engagement Committee
The Engagement Committee is responsible for maximizing member participation in Councils Community and use of member resources. The committee coordinates the Council’s efforts to educate around regulatory and legislative updates, and encourage member involvement in advocacy.
- Stimulating member participation on Councils Community by answering posts, providing personal touchpoints to new and existing members, and connecting members to CUNA resources.
- Help drive awareness and consumption of Council member benefits like virtual roundtables, white papers, scholarships, awards, volunteer events, committee volunteering, and others as they arise.
- Watching regulatory, legislative, and advocacy issues from CUNA, making members aware of important updates, providing feedback, and encouraging and coordinating the writing and collection of comment letters as needed.
Councils Engagement committees will be conducted as cross-Council meetings. Individual Council Engagement Committees meet on an as-needed basis.
Conference calls every 6 weeks (30-45 minutes each). Every other month is a 1 hour Regulatory-Legislative Update call conducted by CUNA Staff. Plan two to four hours per month throughout the year, unless special issues arise.
- Follow Community posts to answer questions and connect posts to Council resources like white papers, roundtables, educational offerings, or Compliance Community.
- Perform personal outreach to members to encourage Community involvement.
- Encourage members to take action on Comment calls and requests for input.
- Promote member benefit usage via Community posts.
Last updated: 9/7/17