|Entry Materials Deadline: February 4, 2019
Entry deadline will be strictly followed – no entries will be accepted after the February 4, 2019 deadline date so please don’t wait until the last minute – applications take time to fill out and complete. Thank you!
As credit union marketing and business development professionals, we are frequently asked to develop innovative solutions to a variety of business problems. The purpose of the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council’s Excellence Award is to spotlight these new approaches and their application to credit unions nationwide.
Hear from the 2018 Winners:
- There is no entry fee.
- Four awards will be presented in the following strategic categories:
1. Business Development
2. Community Outreach and/or Political Advocacy
3. Excellence for Strategic Planning
- Entrants must be a current member of the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council.
- The practice must have been initiated in 2018.
- Entries must be received by February 4, 2019.
- The award winner or a representative must be in attendance at the conference to accept the award.
- If applicable, the entrant may submit a similar entry to both the Excellence and Diamond Awards programs. However, the entrant must complete the appropriate entry forms for each respective program separately.
Four awards will be presented to credit unions achieving marketing and business development excellence in the following strategic categories:
1. Business Development: Beyond normal activities, what has your credit union done to further develop the relationship between credit union and sponsor company(s), their employees, or the community(s) you serve?
2. Community Outreach and/or Political Advocacy: Has your credit union developed a successful community relations program? Perhaps a politically-themed event or program that advocates a political candidate or the credit union movement? Maybe an event and/or program that combines both? What was your strategy? And most importantly, what were the results?
3. Excellence for Strategic Planning: This category highlights the work of the strategic marketer or business development professional. Planning is the core of all business. To outperform the competition requires solid marketing knowledge and precision in decision making. Your credit union’s positioning and the positioning of its products, services and/or marketing/business development programs depend on the formation and implementation of intelligent and well thought-out strategic plans. Share your plan in this Excellence category and demonstrate your role in creating your credit union’s competitive advantage.
4. Multifaceted: Open to any event, program, or initiative you feel is deserving! Did you undertake a name change or rebranding? Did your department drive the successful implementation of a sales culture? Through planning and preparation, did your credit union successfully navigate a natural disaster? Have you utilized your MCIF to leverage marketing results? Whatever your practice may be, this is your chance to tell your peers.
Excellence Award winners will be announced at the 26th Annual CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Conference, March 20-23, 2019 in Las Vegas. Winners are required to attend the conference to accept the award. Each winning credit union will receive one complimentary conference registration. Winning entries will be featured in a press release and in CUNA News Now in addition to being showcased on the CUNA Marketing & Business Development website.
How to Enter
Start by reviewing the details and entry process.
The entry form and worksheet pertaining to your category must be completed and submitted online. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Entry
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Entry
LOGIN – to begin entry process
If you have questions about the entry process, please contact CUNA Councils at 800-356-9655, ext. 4018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the Excellence Award categories, please contact Lynn Heider, Recognition Committee Chair and VP Public Relations, Northwest Credit Union Association at 503-350-2225 or email@example.com; Mia Perez, Recognition Committee Vice Chair and CAO, Louisiana Federal Credit Union at 985-653-1754 or mperez@LouisianaFCU.org.