Winners announced for 2017 CUNA Technology, Operations & Member Experience Council Awards10.04.2017
The winners of the 2017 CUNA Technology Council and CUNA Operations & Member Council Awards were officially announced during a ceremony at the annual conference for both councils on Monday, October 2 in Phoenix, AZ. The awards were presented live from the conference’s main stage.
The award winners displayed finesse in finding the right solutions to intricate technological/operational problems, identifying new approaches and recognizing their universal application to credit union members across the nation.
The 2017 Operations & Member Experience Council Award winners are:
Professional of the Year Award Winner: Steve Langley, SVP, Member Services and Chief Retail Officer, Schools Financial CU, Sacramento, CA
Rising Star Award Winner: Kelly Newton, Operations Support Manager, LGE Community CU, Marietta, GA
Top Community Contributor Award Winner: McKenzie McCoy, COO, Dakota West CU, Watford City, ND
Excellence Award Winners:
- Best of Show: Dupaco Community CU in Dubuque, IA, won for their “Thank Use Campaign” entry.
- America First CU in Riverdale, UT, won in the Branch Design category (assets > $500 Million) for their “America First Innovation Center” entry.
- GTE Financial in Tampa, FL, won in the Contact Center / E-Support Operations category (assets > $500 Million) for their “Improving the Member Experience” entry.
- CityMark FCU in Wilkes Barre, PA, won in the Miscellaneous category (assets < $150 Million) for their “Back2Basics” entry.
- Members Choice CU in Ashland, KY, won in the Miscellaneous category (assets $150 - $500 Million) for their “Mr. Brightside, Employee-Driven Training & Procedure Portal” entry.
- First Tech FCU in Beaverton, OR, won in the Miscellaneous category (assets > $500 Million) for their “MX Social Support Model” entry.
- One CU in Springfield, VT, won in the Sales & Service Management category (assets < $150 Million) for their “Building Member Trust” entry.
- Delta Community CU in Atlanta, GA, won in the Sales & Service Management category (assets > $500 Million) for their “EUREKA!” entry.
The 2017 Technology Council Award winners are:
Top Community Contributor Award Winner: David Thibodeau, CIO, Community First CU, Jacksonville, FL
Excellence Award Winners:
- Alliant CU in Chicago, IL, won for their two entries titled “Credit Union Innovation – Hackathons can pave a fast track” and “Custom Develop Mobile Banking Apps.”
- Harborstone CU in Lakewood, WA, won for their entry titled “BreakFree Checking Rewards Tracker.”
- Hughes FCU in Tucson, AZ (submitted by Fiserv, Alpharetta, GA), won for their entry titled “Using Biometrics to Build an Efficient Team and Better Member Experiences.”
- Oregon Community CU in Springfield, OR, won for their two entries titled “Branch in a Box” and “Preapproval Project.”
- STCU in Liberty Lake, WA, won for their entry titled “Self-service.”
CUNA Technology Council Conference and CUNA Operations & Member Experience Council Conference were co-located and the awards from both councils were presented during the ceremony.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America’s credit unions, which are owned by 110 million consumer members. CUNA, along with its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, delivers unwavering advocacy, continuous professional growth and operational confidence to protect the best interests of all credit unions. For more information about CUNA, visit cuna.org.
About CUNA Councils
CUNA Councils is a member-led organization dedicated to connecting passionate people, great ideas, original content and relevant resources to find solutions and inspire achievement through the power of peer collaboration. CUNA Councils serves seven areas of credit unions including CEOs, lending, marketing and business development, finance, human resources and training development, technology and operations, sales and service. For more information, visit cunacouncils.org.