New CUNA Lending Council White Paper Investigates the Balance of Credit Quality With Profitability10.05.2017
The CUNA Lending Council has published a new white paper, "Balancing Credit Quality With Profitability”.
Balancing credit quality with profitability has always been a challenge, but no more so than during a volatile, changing lending environment. Higher lending volume, higher yields, operational efficiency, and lower charge-off rates are several ways credit unions can enhance profitability. But how can credit unions optimize profitability alongside credit quality and serving members?
This white paper examines:
- Suggestions for maintaining effective yields;
- Ways to approach risk assessments to adequately prepare the product and the team, and to plan for regulatory impact;
- Methods for handling excess liquidity;
- Collaboration between lending and finance leaders: how CLOs and CFOs can work together to balance (for example, loan yields vs. investments); and
- The roles of automation and technology in balancing credit quality with profitability.
Two goals are shared by credit unions: helping members and making loans. This paper shares suggestions for achieving both goals, by providing credit solutions that align lender profitability with borrower success.
This paper is the second in a two-part series about balancing factors in lending. While this paper focuses on credit quality and profitability, the first paper, published earlier in 2017, focuses on balancing efficiency, growth, and scalability.
CUNA Council members:
DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY NOW
Not a Council member? Explore member benefits and join now.
Press may contact Natalie Sherry at email@example.com for more information.
The CUNA Lending Council is a member-led community of credit union lending professionals dedicated to providing the highest level of networking, professional development and advocacy to its members. The CUNA Lending Council is one of seven CUNA Councils, a network of more than 7,000 credit union professionals. For more information, visit www.cunacouncils.org.