CUNA Lending Council announces executive committee and award recipients11.14.2017
CUNA Lending Council was proud to present its 2017-2018 Executive Committee and the 2017 CUNA Lending Council Award Winners at their 2017 CUNA Lending Council Conference, November 12-15, in Nashville, Tenn.
The full 2017-18 Executive Committee includes:
- Robert Stowell, Chair of the CUNA Lending Council Executive Committee and SVP/CLO, Firefly CU
- Michael London, Vice Chair of the CUNA Lending Council Executive Committee and SVP Lending, Georgia United CU
- Jim Block, 2nd Vice Chair of the CUNA Lending Council Executive Committee and SVP/CLO, Baxter CU
- Gregg Edwards, CUNA Lending Council Executive Committee YP Liaison and Consumer Lending Manager, Market USA FCU
- Rita Fillingane, VP Research & Collaboration, CA & NV CU League
- Kevin Kesecker, SVP/CLO, SECU
- Ray Lindley, SVP Lending, Elevations CU
- Faye Nabhani, SVP/Chief Credit Officer, SAFE CU
- Sandi Papenfuhs, SVP Consumer Lending, First Tech FCU
- Jon Paukovich, SVP/CLO, Ent CU
- Dan Picard, Consumer Lending Manager, City of Boston CU
- Steve Quigley, SVP Retail, University of Iowa Community CU
- Dona Svehla, SVP/CLO, GTE Financial
- Stephanie Zuleger, VP/CLO, Y-12 FCU
Also announced at the CUNA Lending Council Conference were the 2017 CUNA Lending Council Award recipients, all of whom demonstrated outstanding work in credit union lending and exceptional service to the CUNA Lending Council.
Six credit unions were honored with an Excellence in Lending Award, recognizing credit unions that achieve outstanding lending results. The full list of Excellence in Lending Award winners include:
- VyStar CU in Jacksonville, Fla. won in the category Business Lending (Assets $250M or greater).
- CityMark FCU in Wilkes Barre, Pa. won in the category Consumer Lending (Assets under $250M).
- Y-12 FCU in Oak Ridge, Tenn. won in the category Consumer Lending (Assets $250M or greater).
- Fitzsimons CU in Aurora, Colo. won in the category Low to Modest Means Lending (Assets under $250M).
- CASE CU in Lansing, Mich. won in the category Low to Modest Means Lending (Assets $250M or greater).
- Pima FCU in Tucson, Ariz. won in the category Mortgage Lending (Assets $250M or greater).
The Rising Star Award honoring emerging talent in the lending field was presented to Gregg Edwards, Lending Manager, MarketUSA FCU in Laurel, Md.
The Phil Greer Lifetime Achievement Award showcasing individuals who exemplify leadership, passion and commitment was presented to Rex Johnson, Founder/Chairman, Lending Solutions Consulting.
The Top Contributor Award recognizing value and expertise shared with peers through collaboration within the Councils Community was presented to Scott Baker, VP of Lending, Priority CU in Orlando, Fla. and Ellen Yacovone, SVP of Lending & Collections, Tucson FCU in Tucson, Ariz.
To learn more about 2017-2018 CUNA Lending Council Executive Committee and the CUNA Lending Council awards, visit cunacouncils.org.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America’s credit unions, which are owned by 110 million consumer members. CUNA, along with its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, delivers unwavering advocacy, continuous professional growth and operational confidence to protect the best interests of all credit unions. For more information about CUNA, visit cuna.org.
CUNA Lending Council
The CUNA Lending Council is a member-led community of credit union lending professionals dedicated to providing best lending practices and educational opportunities to its members. The CUNA Lending Council is one of seven CUNA Councils, a network of more than 6,900 credit union professionals. For more information, visit cunacouncils.org.