PRESS RELEASE: CUNA Lending Council announces executive committee and award winners10.31.2018
CUNA Lending Council proudly recognized the winners of the 2018 CUNA Lending Council Awards, as well as the 2018-2019 CUNA Lending Council Executive Committee at this year’s CUNA Lending Council Conference, October 28-31, in Anaheim, CA.
New to the executive committee:
- Mike Long, EVP/Chief Credit Officer, UW CU - WI
- Tom Becker, CLO, Hanscom CU - MA
Re-elected to the executive committee are:
- Sandi Papenfuhs, SVP Consumer Lending, First Tech FCU
- Cary Shumway, VP Consumer Lending, UNIFY Financial CU
Stepping down from the executive committee:
- Faye Nabhani, SVP/Chief Credit Officer, SAFE CU
- Dona Svehla, SVP/CLO, GTE Financial
- Gregory Edwards, Consumer Lending Manager, Market USA FCU
The 2018-2019 CUNA Lending Council Executive Committee also includes:
- Mike London, Chair – CLO, Georgia United CU
- Jim Block, Vice Chair – SVP/CLO, BCU
- Ray Lindley, CLO, Elevations CU
- Rita Fillingane, CP Research & Collaboration, CA/NV CU League
- Kevin Kesecker, SVP/CLO, SECU
- Jon Paukovich, CLO, Ent CU
- Dan Picard, Consumer Lending Manager, City of Boston CU
- Steve Quigley, VP Retail Banking, University of Iowa Community CU
- Stephanie Zuleger, CLO, Y-12 FCU
Several award winners were also recognized, including the winners of the Excellence in Lending Awards:
- Consumers CU in Kalamazoo, Mich. won in the category Business Lending (Assets under $1 billion).
- Alliant CU in Chicago, Ill. won in the category Business Lending (Assets $1 billion or greater).
- Jefferson County FCU in Louisville, KY won in the category Consumer Lending (Assets under $250M).
- SPIRE CU in Falcon Heights, Minn. won in the category Consumer Lending (Assets $250M or greater).
- CALCOE FCU in Yakima, Wash. won in the category Low to Modest Means Lending (Assets under $250M).
- Frankenmuth CU in Frankenmuth, Mich. won in the category Low to Modest Means Lending (Assets $250M or greater).
This year’s Rising Star Award, which recognizes an up-and-coming leader in credit union lending, went to Jim Esner, Assistant VP of Indirect Lending at GTE Financial in Tampa, Fla.
The Top Community Contributor Award which recognizes sharing and collaboration within the Councils Community, was awarded to Scott Baker, VP of Lending at Priority CU in Orlando, Fla.
Finally, the Phil Greer Lifetime Achievement Award went to Keith Reynolds of Peoria, Ill. This award is selected by the CUNA Lending Council Executive Committee, and recognizes individuals who exemplify leadership, passion and commitment to the credit union lending industry.
About CUNA Councils
CUNA Councils is a member-led organization dedicated to connecting passionate people, great ideas, original content and relevant resources to find solutions and inspire achievement through the power of peer collaboration. CUNA Councils serves seven areas of credit unions including CEOs, lending, marketing and business development, finance, human resources and training development, technology and operations, sales and service. For more information, visit cunacouncils.org.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions, which are owned by 110 million consumer members. CUNA, along with its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, delivers unwavering advocacy, continuous professional growth and operational confidence to protect the best interests of all credit unions. For more information about CUNA, visit cuna.org.