The CUNA Councils are a part of the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), the
premier national trade association serving America's credit unions.
In addition to the many resources available to you as part of your Council membership, there are also many offered free from CUNA to member credit unions. Additionally, CUNA offers many valuable fee-based resources for you and your credit union.
The following are highlights of those resources on CUNA's website.
denotes "fee-based" offerings
On-Site & E-Schools:
Dozens of programs conducted throughout the year, focused in the following areas:
Council members receive a $100 discount on most CUNA schools, institutes and conferences.
Self-Study Certificate/Designation Programs:
Courses are provided in print and/or online formats. For proven results, exams are offered for every course.
- CU Advance - an interactive, competency-based learning program developed by CUNA Center for Professional Development. Learners take courses based on their own personal competencies, knowledge, training, and experience.
- CU REg Trac - two levels of compliance training designed for noncompliance and compliance staff
- Staff Training and Recognition Program (STAR) - Training for Front-line and operational staff.
- Management Enrichment Program (MERIT ) - Designed for both beginning and experienced supervisors and managers.
- Volunteer Achievement Program (VAP) - Complete orientation and training on credit union operations for volunteers .
- Certified Executive Program (CEP) - Strategic management college-level courses for senior level staff.
- Specialty Certifications –
- Certified Financial Management Specialist
- Certified Marketing Specialist
- Certified Human Resource Specialist
- Certified Compliance Specialist
- Certified Lending Specialist
Specialty Credit Union Staff Training
- Regulatory Training and Certification Program (RegTraC) - Basic and advanced compliance training for staff, managers, and compliance officers.
- Financial Counseling Certification Program
CPDOnline is a web-based training service providing the tools to manage a credit union training program from start to finish. CPDOnline offers more than 200 online credit union courses designed to help the credit union staff, managers, and volunteers build credit union compliance, management, lending, member service, marketing, human resource, and other skills through interactive courses and follow-up exams.
CPD conducts 150 -200 webinars annually, focused on a variety of topics and targeting various levels of credit union staff – from front line to CEOs. CUNA Councils members receive $50 discount on webinars
- CU Member & Nonmember Surveys
- Member Financial Literacy Survey
- Customized & Semi-Customized Member Surveys
- Snapshot Surveys
- Business Services Surveys
- Community Charter Surveys
- Web site Satisfaction Surveys
- SEG-Satisfaction Surveys
- Member Channel Preference Surveys
- Employee-Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Engagement Surveys
- CU Environmental Scan
Strategic Research Resources:
The Advisory Services scope of expertise includes credit union assessments and consulting in the areas of:
- Member Business Services Consulting
- Marketing Services
- Member Experience Assessment
- Growth Management
- Brand Development & Training
- Community Charter Conversion
- Additional Advisory Services
Credit Union Statistics
Monthly Credit Union Estimates
Credit Union Reports
Annual Credit Union Data
Top 100 Credit Unions
Recent CU Trends (10-year; Detailed Overview)
Bankruptcy: State-by-state overview
Asset Quality Trends
Asset Quality Trends by State
CUNA's Analysis of CURIA's PCA Reform: Risk-Based Capital
CU vs. Bank Comparisons
Congressional District Level Credit Union Member Benefits
Frequently Requested CU/Bank Comparisons
Commercial Banks & Credit Unions: Facts, Fallacies, and Recent Trends
State by State Bank/CU Overviews
State by State Credit Union Member Benefits
CURIA: State by State Bank/Credit Union Member Business Loan Comparisons
Economic Data & Interest Rates
- Economic Forecast, CU Forecast - In brief words and numbers here are forecasts for the economy overall and CUs in particular.
- 2-minute Economic Overview (Updated regularly) PowerPoint of current/historical data on GDP, CPI, interest rates, consumer debt, car & home sales, mortgage rates, and more.
- Daily Financial Rates (Weekdays) The daily numbers for Treasury Yield Curve, T-Bills, Prime Rate, Federal Funds, Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae, LIBOR, Commercial Paper.
- Key Economic Indicators (Weekly)
- CUNA News Now - Headlines via email.
- Newswatch -
NewsWatch shows your dues at work. For CUNA's 9,000 member credit unions and leagues, NewsWatch highlights what CUNA is doing on your behalf.
- Credit Union Magazine (*council members
receive a free, non-deductible annual digital subscription)
- CU Front Line Newsletter - monthly advice to educate front-line staff on sales strategies and member service
- CU Directors Newsletter - a monthly update to keep directors up-to-speed on the latest news, trends, and research findings
- CU 360 Online Research and Advice Portal - combines market insights and thought leadership with interactive, innovative, benchmarking and analytical tools
- Connection - free quarterly newsletter links advertising, member education, and financial literacy ideas for credit union marketers
- Online Member Education Tools:
- Lifestage - a continuum of online products for every age group.
- eTools - tools your members can use to learn more about finances and become savvy consumers.
- EZ Marketing - time-saving resources to work more efficiently., reduce your workload, and provide reliable personal finance information.
- RegWatch / Hot Topics
- Comment Calls Final Rule Analysis
- NCUA Board meetings
- Info Related to Corporate CU Stabilization
- Emerging Tech Developments
- Analysis of NCUA Opinion Letters
- Analysis of NCUA Letters to Credit Unions
- Important Legal Cases for Credit Unions
- ID/ Theft Security ( Legal, Regulatory & BITS info)
- Accounting Issues for Credit Unions
- Due Diligence Task Force
- Operation Comment
- Federal CU Act Legislative History
- Legal and Regulatory Directory
- What's' New in Compliance (Compilation of Federal Developments)
- e-Guide to Federal Laws and Regulations
- Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Guide
- Compliance Challenge
- COBWEB (Compliance List Serve)
Provides Grassroots and Political Action Committee development and support. They assist credit unions and leagues with developing successful political programs, offering fundraising ideas and support, and aiding grassroots and member support programs.
- Grassroots Action Center (CapWiz),
- Political Programs
- CULAC - CUNA's Political Action Committee
- Hike the Hill Programs
- Project Zip Code
- Project Differentiation
- Political Action Network (PLAN)
- Political Affairs Survey Research
- Educational Programs
- CUNA Advocacy Training Program
- CUNA Campaign School
- Online Training Courses
- Communicating the Credit Union Difference
- Direct Lobbying at the Grassroots Level
- Campaign Involvement
- Public Affairs & Communication Strategies
- Election Action Center
- Election watch
- Legislative Issues A-Z
- U.S. Congress Contacts
- Congressional Visit Briefing Material
- Congressional Calendars
- CUNA Letters to Congress
- CUNA Testimony
- State Governmental Affairs
- Major Issues
- Bills Introduced
- Laws Enacted
- Legislative Calendars
- State Legislatures' Websites
^ back to top