CUNA Investment Certification eSchool: Fundamentals
May 4 - June 1, 2021
11 am PT / 12 pm MT / 1 pm CT / 2 pm ET
This eSchool provides attendees with a credit union-specific fundamental understanding of investments.
By attending you will:
- Understand the investment portfolio management discipline as a process, not simply a function of purchasing and selling investments
- Develop a fundamental knowledge of investment return and risk measures, including application and advantages/disadvantages of each, and the mechanics of the trade: date, settlement, safekeeping, etc.
- Learn the basics in the development of investment strategy: primary security types that are permissible for credit union investors, including risk/return characteristics of each, how to analyze and document, their role in the portfolio and portfolio reporting, monitoring and rebalancing
- Explore the other side of the broker/dealer arrangement: what’s in it for them, how they operate and how to deal with them
- Understand the role of the board of directors from a best practice’s perspective: their responsibilities and their limitations
Who Should Attend
This eSchool is beneficial for CFOs, finance professionals, chief investment officers, investment analysts and accountants, controllers, comptrollers, auditors, risk managers, directors, ALCO members, volunteers and CEOs.