HR & Organizational Development Council Conference scholarship program
Each year, CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council offers scholarships to eligible credit union staff. The Scholarship Committee will award recipients based on specific scholarship criteria.
Application deadline: March 14, 2022
Take advantage of this opportunity to participate with your peers from around the country. Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed up to $2,500 for conference registration, hotel and airfare expenses. Any fees or expenses that exceed the awarded amount are the responsibility of the recipient and/or their credit union. Scholarship recipients for the conference must stay at the hotel in which the conference takes place.
To be considered:
- You must be a current member of the CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council. If you are not a current member, part of the scholarship award will go toward the recipient's first year membership dues.
- Be a full-time employee of an affiliated credit union who has primary responsibility for the credit union's HR function.
- Be able to demonstrate a financial need.
- One scholarship per credit union, per year.
- Be willing and able to take an active role in the CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council and the conference, including:
- Recruit at least one new HR professional for membership in the Council.
- Serve on at least one CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council subcommittee.
- Help with conference registration, assist a speaker or make a similar contribution during the annual conference.
The application form must be completed and submitted online. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register for an account
- Create your application
- Upload digital files
- Submit application
With your completed application form, submit the following:
- List the top 3 issues facing your credit union and how does this request aid you in solving these issues?
- An executive summary (professional resume) detailing your work experience, education (including formal and specialized), extracurricular activities (e.g., committees, chapter, league, or community involvement), and awards (inside or outside the credit union industry).
- A 300 (maximum) word narrative demonstrating your financial need and commitment to the Human Resource and Training Development segment of the credit union industry. The essay must also express HR/TD role in achieving the vision for your credit union and how your continuing professional development will contribute toward achievement of this vision and fulfillment of your development goals.
- Professional references – provide at least two letters of recommendation.
- A reference letter from the applicant's CEO attesting to the need for financial aid and the qualifications of the applicant.
The Scholarship Committee will select the recipients based on reasons stated on the application form. Only one scholarship will be awarded per credit union. All decisions are final.
If you have questions about the application process, such as your login credentials, please contact us