Candidates for the executive committee must meet the following criteria:
- Be a credit union employee in a CUNA affiliated credit union;
- Be a CUNA Council member in good standing;
- Be willing and able to serve a three-year term;
- Have the support of his or her employer for the required executive committee activities*: Note that travel for 2021 is currently suspended and events will be held virtually, though that is subject to change.
- Attending the annual Conference (5-6 days travel)
- Attending the annual Strategic Planning Meeting (up to 3 days travel)
- Attending executive and sub-committee conference calls (at least monthly, 1 hour each)
- Have the support of his or her employer to fully participate in required committee volunteering:
- Spending 50 hours or more (annually) on executive committee work
- Spending 20-30 hours or more (annually) on a sub-committee as chair or co-chair. Sub-committees work on a variety of items like:
- Helping to plan the annual Council Conference
- Recruiting sponsorships that support the Council and its members
- Developing resources such as white papers and virtual roundtables
- Identifying and judging award winners
- Finding and onboarding new members and engaging them in the Councils Community
* Travel is mainly reimbursed, but there may be additional expenses
Other relevant items the Nominating Committee may take into consideration:
- Experience with credit unions and within your field of expertise
- Strategic thinking and leadership capabilities
- Volunteer experience, with CUNA Councils and/or any other industry organizations
- Past involvement and leadership in other boards
- Engagement and familiarity with CUNA Councils
To Submit Your Nomination
Candidates interested in serving are requested to submit the following no later than March 26, 2021
- A letter of interest
- A current resume
- A high resolution head shot, and
- A 100‑150-word campaign statement
Submit materials to the Chair of the Nominating Committee - Ashlee Micale, EVP/CFO, San Diego County CU email@example.com along with a copy to Lacinda Athen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nominating committee will then evaluate and present recommended candidates to the membership for democratic election. The committee will take care to present a slate of candidates that exceeds the number of vacancies and is as geographically and professionally balanced as possible.
The election will be conducted electronically beginning mid-March 2021. New members will take their executive committee seats at the conclusion of the CUNA Finance Council Virtual Conference, May 18-20, 2021.