The Marketing & Business Development Executive Committee is the governing body for the Council, providing leadership and setting our strategic direction. Members of this group also provide sub-committee leadership to coordinate the efforts of other Council volunteers in delivering member benefits and events.
Candidates for the executive committee must meet the following criteria:
- Be a credit union employee in a CUNA affiliated credit union;
- Be a CUNA Council member in good standing;
- Be willing and able to serve a three-year term;
- Have the support of his or her employer for the required executive committee activities*:
- Attending the annual Conference (5-6 days travel)
- Attending the annual Strategic Planning Meeting (up to 3 days travel)
- Attending executive and sub-committee conference online meetings (at least monthly, 1 hour each)
- Have the support of his or her employer to fully participate in required committee volunteering:
- Spending 50 hours or more (annually) on executive committee work
- Spending 20-30 hours or more (annually) on a sub-committee as chair or co-chair. Sub-committees work on a variety of items like:
- Helping to plan the annual Council Conference
- Recruiting sponsorships that support the Council and its members
- Developing resources such as white papers and virtual roundtables
- Identifying and judging award winners
- Finding and onboarding new members and engaging them in the Councils Community
* Travel is mainly reimbursed, but there may be additional expenses
Other relevant items the Nominating Committee may take into consideration:
- Experience with credit unions and within your field of expertise
- Strategic thinking and leadership capabilities
- Volunteer experience, with CUNA Councils and/or any other industry organizations
- Past involvement and leadership in other boards
- Engagement and familiarity with CUNA Councils
To Submit Your Nomination
Candidates interested in serving are requested to submit the following no later than January 17, 2022
- A letter of interest
- A current resume
- A high resolution head shot, and
- A 100‑150-word campaign statement
Submit materials to the Chair of the Nominating Committee Lynn Heider, VP Communications & Public Affairs, Northwest Credit Union Association at email@example.com, along with a copy to Lacinda Athen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nominating committee will then evaluate and present recommended candidates to the membership for democratic election. The committee will take care to present a slate of candidates that exceeds the number of vacancies and is as geographically and professionally balanced as possible.
The election will be conducted electronically beginning in January, 2022. New members will take their executive committee seats at the conclusion of the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Conference, March 9-12, 2022.