Technology Professional of the Year Award
Honoring one individual who exemplifies excellence in credit union information technology. The award recognizes individuals who, in all aspects of their chosen profession, consistently excel for the benefit of their employer, and the advancement of ideals of the credit union movement.
To be considered, you must be nominated. To nominate a colleague or yourself, complete the online nomination form by August 25, 2023.
Generally, Professional of the Year Award winners are those credit union professionals with more than 5 years of paid, full-time experience in the credit union movement.
Once nominated, nominators and/or candidates may be contacted to complete any missing information. You may nominate more than one person.
- Nominee must be actively employed at a credit union
- Nominee must be from a CUNA-affiliated credit union
- Nominee must be currently assigned to an information technology function or directly supporting information technology
- Current members of the CUNA Technology Council’s Executive Committee are not eligible for nomination
Nominate a colleague or yourself by completing the online nomination form by August 25, 2023.
You will be asked to provide a 300-word statement (max) that tells us why the person should be recognized with the Professional of the Year Award.
Some things you might consider that support why you’re nominating this individual:
- Candidate’s positions (current and past) in this discipline.
- Contribution(s) to the success of a particular credit union or credit union-related activity.
- Contribution(s) made to the candidate’s profession.
- Contributions to the credit union movement.
- Involvement on the national, league, district or community level(s).
Additionally, please provide:
- The candidate's LinkedIn URL
- 1-3 testimonials / references of 250 words (max) from the nominee’s mentors, leaders, or peers that support this submission.
The Selection Process
A panel of Technology Council Executive Committee members and industry professionals will select the Professional of the Year. Selection will be based on the candidates’ mastery in the following. Vetting may include dialogue with candidate’s colleagues.
- Contribution to the candidate’s profession
- Contribution to the success of the candidate’s credit union
- Contribution to the credit union movement
- Community involvement
The winner will be announced at the CUNA Technology Council Conference. The winner will receive the following:
- A prestigious commemorative award
- A complimentary Technology membership for 2024
- A complimentary registration to the 2023 Conference in Denver
- A profile in Credit Union Magazine
- Recognition throughout the credit union industry
How to Enter
To nominate an associate or yourself, complete the online nomination form by August 25, 2023. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Entry
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Entry
Questions about the criteria or entry procedures? Contact CUNA Council Administration at 800-356-9655, ext. 4018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.