O&ME Rising Star Award
Honors and recognizes up-and-coming talent in the ranks of credit union operations and member experience leadership. The recipient of this award will be an emerging operations and member experience professional whose body of work demonstrates ongoing exceptional growth and high potential for future impact.
To be considered, you must be nominated. To nominate a colleague or yourself, complete the online nomination form by August 25, 2023.
Generally, Rising Star awardees are those credit union professionals with less than 5 years of paid, full-time experience in the credit union movement or are new to a leadership role in their respective area of responsibility.
Once nominated, nominators and/or candidates may be contacted to complete any missing information. You may nominate more than one person.
- Nominee must be actively employed at a credit union
- Nominee must be from a CUNA-affiliated credit union
- Nominee must be currently assigned to or directly supporting an operations and member experience function
- Nominee must be an emerging operations and member experience professional whose body of work demonstrates ongoing exceptional growth and high potential for future impact
- Current members of the CUNA Operations & Member Experience Council’s Executive Committee are not eligible for nomination
Nominate a colleague or yourself by completing the online nomination form by August 25, 2023.
You will be asked to provide a 300-word statement (max) that tells us why the person should be recognized with the Rising Star Award.
Some things you might consider that support why you’re nominating this individual:
- Candidate’s positions (current and past) in this discipline.
- Contribution(s) to the success of a particular credit union or credit union-related activity.
- Contribution(s) made to the candidate’s profession.
- Contributions to the credit union movement.
- Involvement on the national, league, district or community level(s).
Additionally, please provide:
- The candidate's LinkedIn URL
- 1-3 testimonials / references of 250 words (max) from the nominee’s mentors, leaders, or peers that support this submission.
The Selection Process
A panel of Operations & Member Experience Council Executive Committee members and industry professionals will select the Rising Star. Selection will be based on the candidates’ mastery in the following. Vetting may include dialogue with candidate’s colleagues.
- Generally, nominees will be evaluated on the following dimensions: contributions to their credit union, impact of specific accomplishments, track record of consistent performance, and potential for future contribution to industry
The winner will be announced at the CUNA Operations & Member Experience Council Conference. The winner will receive the following:
- A prestigious commemorative award
- A complimentary O&ME membership for 2024
- A complimentary registration to the 2023 Conference in Denver
- A profile in Credit Union Magazine
- Recognition throughout the credit union industry
How to Enter
To nominate a colleague or yourself, complete the online nomination form by August 25, 2023. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Entry
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Entry
Questions about the criteria or entry procedures? Contact CUNA Council Administration at 800-356-9655, ext. 4018 or email@example.com.