The Conference Committee is responsible for the development, implementation and presentation of the Council’s annual 3 1/2‐day program. The committee determines the agenda, speakers, roundtable topics, breakout sessions and other activities related to the conference.
- Help identify the conference focus and flow, sessions and speakers
- Identify topics for the agenda that are timely and relevant to Council members
- Help identify speakers and subject matter experts that can cover desired topics
- Review videos of potential general session and keynote speakers to provide input on final selections
- Participate in the outreach to potential speakers – once identified and confirmed, the committee member responsible for each speaker will work to have the confirmation form completed
- Provide feedback and suggestions on potential networking, social activities and other value-added benefits for attendees
- Promote the conference to members and other potential attendees
- Assist speakers in clarifying session content and direction
- Introduce speakers during the conference
Conference Committee work may be divided into subcommittees or task groups focusing on specific aspects of the conference.
12-20 conference calls (60 minutes each). Commitment starts about 8 weeks after the current conference wraps. Much of the work takes place in the five to ten months prior to the conference date.
Create an event that is well attended, achieves high ratings from attendees for content and networking, and meets or exceeds budgeted financial targets.