The Membership Committee develops strategies and implements tactics related to onboarding, membership involvement, retention and growth.
- Support efforts to attract new members
- Support member retention efforts
- Support actions/resources to increase and enhance member involvement
- Promote Council membership at industry events
- Leverage League relationships
Conference calls every six weeks (60 minutes each). Additional time to conduct phone calls, emails and other contacts as determined by the committee, approximately 1-2 hours per month.
Councils Membership Committees will be conducted as cross-Council meetings. Individual Council Membership Committees meet on an as-needed basis.
- Retention: Outreach through emails, phone calls or letters to all non-renewed parties during February and March
- Member promotion: Throughout the year, augment efforts of membership campaigns and activities with prospect emails and phone calls
- Onboarding and member involvement: Personally contacting new members by phone and email several times during the first four months of membership to welcome them, answer questions, encourage participation and solicit feedback
- Surveying: Provide feedback to update and improve member survey annually; review the survey for improvements
CUNA Councils staff provide contact lists and sample message template for Committee members to use.