Professional of the Year Award
Celebrate Your Professional of the Year
Honoring an individual who exemplifies excellence in credit union Human Resources and/or Organizational Development. This distinction is reserved exclusively for the credit union Human Resources and/or Organizational Development elite: who, in all aspects of their chosen profession consistently excel for the benefit of their employer, demonstrate the value of the HR/OD functions within their organization through implementation of best practices and alignment with the strategic direction of the company and contributions to the credit union movement.
March 6, 2023
Nomination deadline will be strictly followed – no nominations will be accepted after March 6, 2023 so please don’t wait until the last minute – applications take time to fill out and complete. Thank you!
- Nomination Procedures
- Selection Process
- Winner Recognition
- How to Enter
To be considered, you must be nominated. To nominate a colleague or yourself, complete the online nomination form by March 6, 2023. You may nominate more than one person.
- Nominee must be actively employed at a credit union
- Nominee must be from a CUNA-affiliated credit union
- Nominee must be currently assigned to a HR/OD function or directly supporting HR/OD
- Current members of the HROD Council’s Executive Committee are not eligible for nomination
Nominate a colleague or yourself by completing the online nomination form by March 6, 2023. The form asks for information on why the nominee deserves this prestigious award. Limit the nomination to no more than 10 pages total, including a narrative and any collateral materials.
Include a concise narrative detailing the nominee’s Council Member Involvement, contributions to their credit union, a major project initiative completed. Share how the nominee has contributed to the HR or Organizational Development professions such as mentorship, workforce readiness, collaboration. Describe their contribution potential to the future of the credit union industry.
- Explain in detail a specific (or series of related) project / activity which produced extraordinary results for their credit union. List the specific goals and results of the project / activity.
- List some specific example(s) of how this practice contributed to the success of their credit union.
- Provide a recommendation from either their CEO or Senior Management.
- Provide any additional relevant information to support the nomination.
The Selection Committee is comprised of a panel of HR & Organizational Development peers. The committee will judge the nominations and select the Professional of the Year winner based on the candidates' involvement, contributions, and results. Recipient will be selected without regard to credit union asset size.
Selection will be based on the candidates’ master of and contributions to:
- Council member involvement
- Contributions to HR & Organizational Development profession
- Contributions to the success of the candidate’s credit union
- Contribution to a major project described
- Contribution potential to the future of the credit union industry
Winner will be announced at the CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council Conference. The winner (or a representative) should plan to attend the conference to accept the award and will receive:
- A prestigious commemorative award
- A complimentary registration to the annual conference
- A profile in Credit Union Magazine
- Recognition throughout the credit union industry
How to Enter
To nominate a colleague or yourself, complete the online nomination form by March 6, 2023. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Entry
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Entry
LOGIN to begin entry process
If you have questions about the nomination process, please contact CUNA Council Administration at 1-800- 356-9655, ext. 4018 or email@example.com.