Rising Star Award
Celebrate Your Rising Star
Honoring an emerging professional in the credit union industry who has a focus on Human Resources and/or Organizational Development. The winner of this prestigious award will be a HR/OD professional whose work demonstrates ongoing and exceptional growth. Their contribution to the future of the credit union industry is evident during the time they've been a part of the movement.
March 6, 2023
Nomination deadline will be strictly followed – no nominations will be accepted after February 6, 2023 so please don’t wait until the last minute – applications take time to fill out and complete. Thank you!
- Nomination Procedures
- Selection Process
- Winner Recognition
- How to Enter
To be considered, you must be nominated. To nominate a colleague or yourself, complete the online nomination form by March 6, 2023. You may nominate more than one person.
- Open to credit union professionals who are emerging professionals in the HR/OD field within the credit union industry
- Entrants must be from a CUNA-affiliated credit union
- Nominee must be currently assigned to a HR/OD function or directly supporting HR/OD
- Entrant must have at least one year of credit union experience
- Current members of the HROD Council’s Executive Committee are not eligible for nomination
Nominate a colleague or yourself by completing the online nomination form by March 6, 2023. The form asks for information on why the nominee deserves this prestigious award. Limit the nomination to no more than 10 pages total, including a narrative and any collateral materials.
Include a concise narrative detailing the nominee’s Council member involvement, contributions to their credit union, a major project initiative completed. Describe their contribution potential to the future of the credit union industry.
- Explain in detail a specific (or series of related) project / activity which produced extraordinary results for their credit union. List the specific goals and results of the project / activity.
- List some specific example(s) of how this practice contributed to the success of their credit union.
- Provide a recommendation from either their CEO or Senior Management.
- Provide any additional relevant information to support the nomination.
The Selection Committee is comprised of a panel of HR & Organizational Development peers. The committee will judge the nominations and select the Rising Star winner based on the candidate's involvement, contributions, and results. Recipient will be selected without regard to credit union asset size.
Selection will be based on the candidates’ master of and contributions to:
- Council member involvement
- Contributions to their credit union
- Contribution to a major project described
- Contribution potential to the future of the credit union industry
Winner will be announced at the CUNA HR & Organizational Development Council Conference. The winner (or a representative) should plan to attend the conference to accept the award and will receive:
- A prestigious commemorative award
- A complimentary registration to the annual conference
- A complimentary HR/OD Council membership (2024)
- A profile in Credit Union Magazine
- Recognition throughout the credit union industry
How to Enter
To nominate a colleague or yourself, complete the online nomination form by March 6, 2023. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Entry
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Entry
LOGIN to begin entry process
If you have questions about the nomination process, please contact CUNA Council Administration at 1-800- 356-9655, ext. 4018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.