Rising Star Award
Honors and recognizes up-and-coming talent in the ranks of credit union lending leadership. The recipient of this award will be an emerging lending professional whose body of work demonstrates ongoing exceptional growth and high potential for future impact.
To be considered, you must be nominated. To nominate a colleague or yourself, complete the online nomination form by September 16, 2022. Fill in what you know about the nominee. Once nominated, candidates will be contacted to complete any missing information. You may nominate more than one person.
- Nominee must be actively employed at a Credit Union
- Nominee must be from a CUNA-affiliated credit union
- Nominee must be currently assigned to a lending function or directly supporting
lending (e.g. branch sales)
- Preference may be given to nominees meeting these criteria: prior CUNA Lending Council activity / involvement, those under the age of 35, and/or those with shorter tenure
Nominate a colleague or yourself by completing the online nomination form by September 16, 2022. The form asks for information on why the nominee deserves this prestigious award including the following. Limit your entry to no more than 2-3 paragraphs per question.
- Why did you nominate this individual?
- Accomplishments by which the nominee has shown lending expertise and leadership
- Contributions to the success of the candidate’s credit union, the industry, and community
- Assessment of potential for future contribution to the credit union industry
- CUNA Lending Council activity / involvement
A panel of Lending Council Executive Committee members and industry professionals will select the Rising Star. Selection will be based on the candidates’ mastery in the following. Vetting may include dialogue with candidate’s colleagues.
- Generally, nominees will be evaluated on the following dimensions: contributions to their credit union, impact of specific accomplishments, track record of consistent performance, and potential for future contribution to industry
- Preference may be given to nominees meeting these criteria: prior CUNA Lending Council activity/involvement, those under the age of 35, and/or those with shorter tenure
The winner will be announced at the CUNA Lending Council Conference. The winner will receive the following:
- A prestigious commemorative award
- A complimentary Lending membership for 2023
- A complimentary registration to the 2022 Conference in San Diego, airfare, and hotel
- A profile in Credit Union Magazine
- Recognition throughout the credit union industry
How to Enter
To nominate a colleague or yourself, complete the online nomination form by September 16, 2022. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Entry
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Entry
Nominations must be received no later than 11:59 pm CST on September 16, 2022.
Entrants will be notified of the status of their nomination by September 26, 2022.
Questions about the criteria or entry procedures? Contact CUNA Council Administration at
800-356-9655, ext. 4018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.